Monday, September 22, 2008

Another Painting and a study

This is the painting I did in class today. The assignment today was to do a high key painting. As you can see, I didn't do a high key painting. It is somewhat of a low key painting. I was struggling too much with other aspects of the painting today.

I was fighting my normal fight with the paint today. From this painting I have decided to tone my canvas a little lighter, not worry so much about transparencies in the shadows so I can aim to get the relationships withing the painting right.

I didn't finish this one. I like it enough that I may come back to it and work on it some more when I have some time.

Here is the study I did in the workshop today. I go to the workshop because there is a live model to paint. Today, I did a small portrait study. At first I didn't like the idea of his hand touching his face, but as I began to paint I thought it would be good to do. I really didn't want to spend time painting a hand. I think it made for a better study and forced me to work on hands, something I don't do enough of.

Ross



No comments: