Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Painting and Drawing From a Model and Another Self Portrait

To your left is the third painting done in class for figure painting class. This is a three day pose and is 18 by 24 inches. I think this one is working well. My goal was the same goals I have mentioned before, accurate proportion, value, and create a good color balance. The figure is a little small for the painting as there is a lot of empty space, but I do like the figure. I enjoy the color in this one. I think I will put it on my official site.

To your right is the 8th in class drawing from figure studio class. I like the pose. I am still having a hard time completing a drawing in this class, because of the process. Still, I enjoy doing it and fee like I have resolved much of my problems thanks to this class. The one thing I want to work on in this class is to loosen up the figure so the person does not look so stiff.

This last one is a self portrait I have been working on for the last few weeks. It was done for expressive painting class and is 18 x24 inches as well. It is not the most successful one I have done but I do like it. I did this one from a mirror in my studio. I tried to exaggerate the color on the face and keep everything else simplified. I lost the form a bit and need to bring that back some more. I also put some highlights on the shirt to suggest form that I want to remove (to go back to my original idea)

I also did a still life for this class too. I don't care for it because it has no real direction. I switched mid way because I didn't like what I was doing. I started very low key but couldn't get the color I wanted so I switched it up. Instead exaggerating the colors of the actual still life and made them up using an analogous color scheme. There is where I lost interest, I basically didn't push myself in this one. This one is 16 x 20 inches.

Right now I am working on a painting for figure class, that I hopefully can use for my thesis. I am also working on yet another master copy drawing for figure studio.

Ross

No comments: